Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cleaning Up The Spilled Milk

Dear Friends,

I am removing the rants of yesterday and pressing on to a better today. There is no point in crying over spilled milk. It's best to get out the mop, clean it up and do my best not to let it spill again. I cannot keep others from spilling it but I can choose how I react to it. I thank God that his mercies are new every morning. I thank him that he forgives my rants before I even ask. I thank him for blessing me with friends and family who support and love me even when I'm a touch inappropriate. ;) Thank you to all who responded yesterday (both here and on my Facebook). I covet your prayers and encouragement always. I think that we all need that in order to make it through this crazy life. I have so many things to be thankful for and though there are things that I do not understand, I have to learn to trust that God has all of the answers when I don't. He created me for his purpose not mine. I need to learn to let go and let Him lead. And honestly let him lead as well. Neither are easy - I'm a touch stubborn - I know I know...SHOCKING. ;) Today is a new day - clean slate - the Lord made it, it's my job to rejoice in it and to quit whining about things that He's got covered.

Love,
Jennifer

Trust
by
Sixpence None The Richer

Trust in the Lord
With all your heart
Lean not on your own understanding
In all of your ways acknowledge Him
And He will make your path straight
Don't worry about tomorrow
He's got it under control

Just trust in the Lord
With all your heart
And he will carry you through

Lord, sometimes it gets so tough
To keep my eyes on you when things are going rough

But then I turn my eyes up to the sky
and I hear your voice

It says to me:

Trust in the Lord
With all your heart
Lean not on your own understanding
In all of your ways acknowledge Him
And He will make your path straight
Don't worry about tomorrow
He's got it under control
Just trust in the Lord
With all your heart
And he will carry you through

So child do not be weary with the troubles
of this world I have overcome


Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

4 comments:

  1. I am very proud of you Jen! It takes a strong woman to be willing to let go and be led. Let me know if there is anything that i can do... and i was serious, call if you ever need anything! (423.667.6138) Some times it is easier to talk with someone who is not near you and cannot judge based upon what they can see. Praying for you. :-)
    **Lord I lift up Jennifer to you. Your princess is hurting and as the almighty comforter, I ask that you wrap her in your love and peace. Let her realize that she truly is a treasure and a joy. Give her the strength to get through every moment of everyday. In your precious name, Amen.**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, I read your post yesterday and today. I know you don't even know me except through blogworld but here are a couple thoughts.

    First, I can tell you are really hurting. Just please know that God CARES when we are hurting, so He is right there with you crying over this situation. He wants healing and reconciliation too. So I am praying to that end for you.

    Second, and now I am going to put on my counselor hat (I used to be a counselor when I worked). I am not going to give you advice because I do not know your situation except for the bits you wrote yesterday and today. But I will say this: PLEASE try to find a counselor. Not for you and your husband, because it sounds like he isn't interested in going. Just go for you. Not because you're all messed up, but because you need support from someone outside of the situation who can help you deal with all the feelings you are having and advise you on how to best handle this very difficult situation. Don't just go to any old counselor though, find one who is a Christian AND who is GOOD at what they do. (Not all counselors are created equally, unfortunately.)

    Jen, I have been thinking a lot about you since reading your post and hope you know that you are in my prayers. Thanks for keeping it real, girly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know, I would consider that more than just a little spilled milk, so I commend you on this new attitude. With that being said, I hope you are not just settling for "this is my life, and I'm just going to have to deal with it." You shouldn't have to settle with being treated that way day after day, so keep working on him Jen. I agree with Amy. You should have someone to talk to who can really council you and help you to cope. Love you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Repeat after me.....I am a strong, independent woman (did I spell that right?). I can tell you are very, (extremely) smart, and though we only know each other through the blog world as well, you are one person I am glad I came across. We are all here to listen! That's what blogs are for! Freak out any time you like. I'll lend my shoulder.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...