

...and I took some time to bake you a special breakfast treat...


...I had the absolute privilege of being able to bask in the warmest glow of a most amazing sunrise...


...while my bread was baking, I sat down for a moment and learned how to be...

...I prayed that someday I'll be able to live up to all of the wisdom found in this enlightening read...
...I tiptoed up the stairs, got quietly dressed, wrote you a note to tell you where I'd be and then proceeded back down the stairs...careful not to wake you...
...I pulled the delicious smelling bread from the oven to allow it to cool...

...and then I left for the gym...I don't know what it is but I love morning traffic when I am not pressed for time...
When I returned home from the gym, I opened the door quietly and took pleasure in the fact that you were all still sleeping...
So, I decided to sit down and write this blog post...still reveling in the silence...
Peace for just a few moments more...
Knowing that soon, my time will once again be yours and not soley mine...
All this while you were sleeping...
So when you ask me later what I've been doing since I've been up...now you will know...
And maybe next time, you'll be tempted to join me when you've seen how blissful it is...
But I hope not...
Because honestly, this time I covet...just me...the Lord...and His beautiful sunrise...
Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun...that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Jen, you are truly blessed to be able to be a stay at home mom and have these opportunities. I do not think I will ever be able to have that opportunity. Those sunrise photos are absolutely beautiful and that bread should does look good!! I thought I smelled something good down at my place this morning! Lol!!
ReplyDeleteWow...I can't believe how talented you are at putting these type things together. you should write a book or something..s.e.r.i.o.u.s.l.y.
ReplyDeleteI am not kidding! I totally want to join you for that sunrise!
What time were you actually awake? I didn't go to bed till 2 a.m., so I wasn't up with ya!
ReplyDeleteGirl - what time do you go to bed at night so that you can have the energy to get up at sunrise, make banana bread, blog, and go work out???? 8pm???
ReplyDeleteI try to go to bed by 10-10:30 and the kids drag my booty out of bed at 6:30 am....guess I am just not a morning person. Scratch that - I KNOW I am not a morning person. BUT... you just might find me rearranging closets at midnight!
LOL - girls, I went to bed around 10...read a while...tried to go to sleep around 11 but husband intervened (hehe)...finally fell asleep around 12...woke up before 5 and felt rested enough to get up. I was energized until about 9:30 when I kindly asked my husband if I could take a nap - slept until about 11:45. Naps are a rarity for me but I definitely take full advantage when I can get 'em! :)
ReplyDelete