Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spring is here.............!!!

...................or at least it will be...in about a month and a 1/2. The groundhog did not see his shadow and so we can rest assured that it'll be an early spring. Yay!

Do you know what that means?!

It means that you have exactly one and a 1/2 months to decide how you are going to decorate for spring. :)

A good friend of mine asked me earlier if I had any thoughts on adding spring touches to a bold (aka dark) color palette. Though, I didn't have any ideas off the top of my head, I got to thinking and in combined efforts with google.com/images, I think I found some good accessory options to springy up the place...especially if you like to live surrounded in rich, warm, BOLD colors like us. :)

Please keep in mind that this is only my (and Pottery Barn's) opinion...

Here we go!






How about something as simple as switching out your current black and white photos for some spring themed ones? Some flowers or pictures of your kids playing at the playground on a warm spring day?

Or switch out your current throw pillows with some more whimsical ones such as this sweet little Nest pillow?

I think that birds are very springy and I love them... :)

If you don't like birds...just throw in some fun colors to make things lighter and brighter. :)

The thing that I love about Pottery Barn and their ideas is that they are things that can be found second hand...if you aren't living on a PB budget like me. :)

Keep in mind that what is going to make your home feel fresh as a spring daisy is bringing the outside in through the use of outdoor lanterns, garden finials or urns, simple glass vases with equally as simple flower arrangements (real is always preferred unless they look super real), stones or river rock, texture such as wicker, rattan and the like. Add lots of GREEN, get a little bird-brained and finally...just have fun. After this long hard winter...isn't that just what we need? Fun?!

Love you friends! Happy Spring Decorating! :)

XO
J

4 comments:

  1. I love Pottery Barn too! Especially when I find their stuff at Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know how you do it....A super mom, super wife, super blogger.....(where does she get all this energy and time?????) :):)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post girlie!! I am sooo ready to decorated (with your help of course) :) You know me....and I have minimal decorating ideas. EXCEPT for this one I kinda stole it though- look on Darby's blog for 2.7 it's the sponser post and go to "Distressed Frames" site.....uhh we could totally do this I've been inspired to go a bit shabby shic (er) in our bedroom I would love to go to sanatoga antiques or flea markets (come spring) and grab some cool old frames and paint them all vintagey (we could get inspired by this site) then you and I could get snappin' (our cameras that is) and post our own "work of art". I feel a hobby coming on?! It's only been 30years~ could I finally be finding something that really interests me?? We shall see! Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...