Thursday, August 18, 2011

Magnetic Personality

The internet is a plethora of information.

HEART.IT.LOVE.IT.WANNA.MARRY.IT.

I discovered today that the shutters I salvaged from my neighbors trash a few months back are NOT magnetic. Total bummer since I was planning on using them in a very cute DIY memo board fashion for my school room.

I was feeling a bit down when BLAMMO...

http://www.dickblick.com/products/krylon-magnetic-spray-paint/#photos


They really make just about anything you want these days.

I can spray them to MAKE them magnetic.

Genius.

What will they think of next?

I can go back to being happy now.

:)

UPDATE::: I just read LOTS of bad reviews for this stuff. Guess I should have read them BEFORE I posted this. Too bad.

Back to the drawing board...

:( 

3 comments:

  1. Warning-It takes lots of coats of that to make it magnetic and actually hold anything with weight. Also, several coats leave a bumpy finish because the paint has bits of metal in it. Sorry if I'm a kill-joy...I just know from experience when I tried to make a magnetic chalkboard in our basement...5 coats of the stuff and it still barely held those plastic refrigerator letters. If you are looking for metal shutters, we have louvered metal closet doors that we are looking to replace. If they were cut down, they would look like shutters. Let me know if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kel but yeah...sort of a kill-joy. LOL :) I wonder if it would make a difference being that the shutters are already metal - I don't know what material you tried to make a magnet board out of? Luckily I have 6 shutters and only really NEED 3 so I will have extras in case of an epic fail. :) Thanks for the tip anyway...I'll be sure to purchase several bottles in advance. These shutters are the perfect size for what I want to use them for so I'm really hoping it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it works out for you too!...I was using it on dry wall, and painting chalk paint over it. Hey if you are looking to unload the extra shutters, I have been looking for some for a project of my own. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...