
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...at last.
I am finally sitting down after a very long, very busy day. Can I tell you how spent I am? No matter how exhausted I am though, I have to say...right now, I am feeling very grateful for my life. I am so blessed to sit here in my nice cushy office with my comfy leather chair, my cup of Cozy Chamomile, my spice cake candle blazing in all of it's sweet scented glory and sublime sounds of Late Night Alumni piping through Pandora. My kiddos are all tucked soundly in their beds and my husband is on his way home to me. Right now, in this moment...all is well with my world. :)
Not every moment of today was this blissful though...and that is where the lemons come in...
I won't bore you with all the details...instead, I will just cut to the chase and try to keep it short and sweet.
My walking partner overslept this morning and showed up a 1/2 hour later than what we had originally planned: No problem...instead of wasting time online like I would typically do, I decided to spend my time wisely by unloading the dishwasher, loading it again, washing the overflow by hand, throwing in a load of laundry and straightened up the downstairs (since I neglected to do all of that before bed last night). Viola...lemonade! :)
My dear sweet, sometimes a little clumsy ;) 3 year old, Natalie somehow knocked a FULL bowl of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios with milk on our very hard, very unforgiving ceramic tile kitchen floor during breakfast...shards of glass bowl as well as about a billion and a 1/2 cheerios complete with large pool of milk went FLYING. I still have no idea how she managed to do that BUT...it's no matter now. I decided to use it as an opportunity to clean my entire kitchen floor. After all, it probably was due for a good cleaning anyway. Also did the cabinets, doors, trim, stools, counter tops and 15 light glass door because when I say FLYING...it really did fly just about everywhere. Honestly, if it wasn't for her little unfortunate accident this morning, my kitchen might still be a filthy mess. Viola...lemonade! :)
My daughter Natalie (again)...as much as I love her...sometimes pretends that she is a little hard of hearing...poor child. I must have told her about 15 times that I would get her a drink when I was finished what I was doing. She was in no way allowed to go into the refrigerator and try to get a drink herself. So, ya know what she did? Um...yeah...if you are a mom, you probably guessed right. She went into the refrigerator and tried to get a drink herself. She did okay up until she tried to pour the juice into her sippy cup. That is where it must have gotten a little hairy. Strawberry Kiwi wound up all over my newly washed counter tops. Mommy and a little bit of sham wow to the rescue. Eh hem...Mommy was gritting her teeth, okay? I'm just gonna be honest with you. Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. MOMMY then proceeded to try to pick up said sippy cup (rather haphazardly, I might add) only MOMMY didn't realize that the lid wasn't screwed shut. Strawberry Kiwi now all over Mommy's newly washed floors, cabinets (outside and inside) and counter tops. I.seriously.wanted.to.cry. BUT, I didn't. I decided to use it as an opportunity to get an even more thorough cleaning in (though I cannot say that I did not utter some pretty unladylike things under my breath). :) Once again, I took to the mop, sponges, warm water and soap and this time, not only cleaned the floor, cabinet, counter top and cabinet faces but also the inside of the cabinets. And I'm just gonna be real here and say that my cabinet where the trash can resides probably hasn't had a thorough cleaning since before we moved in to our house 2 years ago. Say it with me now...viola, lemonade! :)
Fast forward to evening...I'm gettin' real tired at this point...it's been a long day already but I set up a commitment to go to the gym with my cousin, Kim and darn it, I was going to keep it. So...come 6 o'clock, we all piled into the car and headed to LOA. Had a decent workout and followed it up with a yummy (and I feel, well deserved) dinner at Chick Fil A. After the day I had, I wasn't really up to making a big dinner on top of it. Kiddos played a little on the "playground" and we high tailed it home to catch my fav new show, The Vampire Diaries (it's a highlight of mine, sue me). Well, wouldn't you know it, it was a re-run! I could have been totally bummed out BUT I said...ya know what, it's just as well...I have some more things that I'd really like to accomplish before the husband gets home. The kids were less than thrilled but we headed up to their room to straighten up, get PJ's on, say prayers and such and hopped into bed. I also decided to take some time to straighten up the living room, foyer, kitchen and dining room. Oh AND threw a load of laundry into the dryer. All of that AND I still had time to make myself some tea, light my favorite candle, throw on some soft music and sit down to chat with you all. Viola...lemonade! :)
And can I just say that there was so much more involved with our day today than just those things. My dad was here doing construction on our bedroom closets and I helped a lot...in fact, I was right by his side a lot of the time he was here. Natalie also had her Valentine's Party at school today and me, being a classroom mom, had to help with the set up. Not to mention meals in between all of that, changing diapers, filling sippy cups, doing the daily straightening of things, laundry etc. Sheesh!
Anyway, I say all of that to say this...in life, we are given lots of lemons...it's our CHOICE to decide what to do with them. Very often, I don't make good choices (by poor attitudes and reactions) and the lemons leave a very sour taste in my mouth. BUT...I also know that if I mix lemon with a little bit of sugar (aka the sweet goodness of my Savior's grace and mercy enabling me to overcome the bad choices in favor of some deliciously good choices), the lemonade can be very refreshing to my soul. They are always better when they're together... ;)
So much for short & sweet. ;)
XO
P.S. This is totally random but when I was searching for lemon pictures on photobucket.com, I came across this...
I am finally sitting down after a very long, very busy day. Can I tell you how spent I am? No matter how exhausted I am though, I have to say...right now, I am feeling very grateful for my life. I am so blessed to sit here in my nice cushy office with my comfy leather chair, my cup of Cozy Chamomile, my spice cake candle blazing in all of it's sweet scented glory and sublime sounds of Late Night Alumni piping through Pandora. My kiddos are all tucked soundly in their beds and my husband is on his way home to me. Right now, in this moment...all is well with my world. :)
Not every moment of today was this blissful though...and that is where the lemons come in...
I won't bore you with all the details...instead, I will just cut to the chase and try to keep it short and sweet.
My walking partner overslept this morning and showed up a 1/2 hour later than what we had originally planned: No problem...instead of wasting time online like I would typically do, I decided to spend my time wisely by unloading the dishwasher, loading it again, washing the overflow by hand, throwing in a load of laundry and straightened up the downstairs (since I neglected to do all of that before bed last night). Viola...lemonade! :)
My dear sweet, sometimes a little clumsy ;) 3 year old, Natalie somehow knocked a FULL bowl of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios with milk on our very hard, very unforgiving ceramic tile kitchen floor during breakfast...shards of glass bowl as well as about a billion and a 1/2 cheerios complete with large pool of milk went FLYING. I still have no idea how she managed to do that BUT...it's no matter now. I decided to use it as an opportunity to clean my entire kitchen floor. After all, it probably was due for a good cleaning anyway. Also did the cabinets, doors, trim, stools, counter tops and 15 light glass door because when I say FLYING...it really did fly just about everywhere. Honestly, if it wasn't for her little unfortunate accident this morning, my kitchen might still be a filthy mess. Viola...lemonade! :)
My daughter Natalie (again)...as much as I love her...sometimes pretends that she is a little hard of hearing...poor child. I must have told her about 15 times that I would get her a drink when I was finished what I was doing. She was in no way allowed to go into the refrigerator and try to get a drink herself. So, ya know what she did? Um...yeah...if you are a mom, you probably guessed right. She went into the refrigerator and tried to get a drink herself. She did okay up until she tried to pour the juice into her sippy cup. That is where it must have gotten a little hairy. Strawberry Kiwi wound up all over my newly washed counter tops. Mommy and a little bit of sham wow to the rescue. Eh hem...Mommy was gritting her teeth, okay? I'm just gonna be honest with you. Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. MOMMY then proceeded to try to pick up said sippy cup (rather haphazardly, I might add) only MOMMY didn't realize that the lid wasn't screwed shut. Strawberry Kiwi now all over Mommy's newly washed floors, cabinets (outside and inside) and counter tops. I.seriously.wanted.to.cry. BUT, I didn't. I decided to use it as an opportunity to get an even more thorough cleaning in (though I cannot say that I did not utter some pretty unladylike things under my breath). :) Once again, I took to the mop, sponges, warm water and soap and this time, not only cleaned the floor, cabinet, counter top and cabinet faces but also the inside of the cabinets. And I'm just gonna be real here and say that my cabinet where the trash can resides probably hasn't had a thorough cleaning since before we moved in to our house 2 years ago. Say it with me now...viola, lemonade! :)
Fast forward to evening...I'm gettin' real tired at this point...it's been a long day already but I set up a commitment to go to the gym with my cousin, Kim and darn it, I was going to keep it. So...come 6 o'clock, we all piled into the car and headed to LOA. Had a decent workout and followed it up with a yummy (and I feel, well deserved) dinner at Chick Fil A. After the day I had, I wasn't really up to making a big dinner on top of it. Kiddos played a little on the "playground" and we high tailed it home to catch my fav new show, The Vampire Diaries (it's a highlight of mine, sue me). Well, wouldn't you know it, it was a re-run! I could have been totally bummed out BUT I said...ya know what, it's just as well...I have some more things that I'd really like to accomplish before the husband gets home. The kids were less than thrilled but we headed up to their room to straighten up, get PJ's on, say prayers and such and hopped into bed. I also decided to take some time to straighten up the living room, foyer, kitchen and dining room. Oh AND threw a load of laundry into the dryer. All of that AND I still had time to make myself some tea, light my favorite candle, throw on some soft music and sit down to chat with you all. Viola...lemonade! :)
And can I just say that there was so much more involved with our day today than just those things. My dad was here doing construction on our bedroom closets and I helped a lot...in fact, I was right by his side a lot of the time he was here. Natalie also had her Valentine's Party at school today and me, being a classroom mom, had to help with the set up. Not to mention meals in between all of that, changing diapers, filling sippy cups, doing the daily straightening of things, laundry etc. Sheesh!
Anyway, I say all of that to say this...in life, we are given lots of lemons...it's our CHOICE to decide what to do with them. Very often, I don't make good choices (by poor attitudes and reactions) and the lemons leave a very sour taste in my mouth. BUT...I also know that if I mix lemon with a little bit of sugar (aka the sweet goodness of my Savior's grace and mercy enabling me to overcome the bad choices in favor of some deliciously good choices), the lemonade can be very refreshing to my soul. They are always better when they're together... ;)
So much for short & sweet. ;)
XO
P.S. This is totally random but when I was searching for lemon pictures on photobucket.com, I came across this...


I might have had a Mommy meltdown about all that, depending on the day. Good job! Great post!
ReplyDelete