"What I dream about is a proper potting shed."
- - Thomas C. Cooper

(Photo Courtesy of cardsinfrance.com)
For as long as I can remember, I've adored potting sheds. I even have a book that I own in my decorating/gardening book collection called The Potting Shed by Linda Joan Smith. The book was copyrighted in 1996 and I am sure that I purchased it new; I would have been out of high school for 1 year and already dreaming of someday owning a potting shed. I've always had domesticated ideas of what I wanted my future to be like. Potting Sheds are so fantastical and charming. I don't dream of climbing ladders to penetrate glass ceilings; I dream of donning a pretty pair of garden gloves, piercing into the blackest soil with a sturdy shovel and putting it into a pot...along with today's choice green. For those of you who know me, you know that I am JUST getting into gardening. In fact, currently, the only garden I have is in container form - but I am LOVING it. It's so exciting and fulfilling to see new growth. And I LOVE POT. And by that, I mean pot-ting...of course. ;) Terracotta pots are my favorite - though I HATE the way that they feel on my skin, I do love the way that they look. Especially on a windowsill in France - but that is a whole other blog post. I worked on my own little potting shed today. It's actually just a regular work shed that I am trying to adapt into a potting shed and it still needs lots of work and lots of personality but here is what I have at the end of today...- - Thomas C. Cooper

(Photo Courtesy of cardsinfrance.com)

My ultimate goal is to completely rehab this with rustic french doors and some new windows etc but there are other things that need my attention so...she waits...

I'd like to paint the walls and floors eventually as well...give it a white washed or super fun pop of color look...never completely sure until the work is about to begin but this is what it currently looks like - a bit sad, wouldn't ya say?
This is my new work space - ugh, you should have seen what it looked like before - the horror!Do you remember the FREE mirror that I got at a yard sale a month or so ago? Well...doesn't she look pretty here?

I'd like to get some raddy old garden prints to hang up in this space as well - the "theme" is definitely shabby garden chic.
I'm also thinking about making a pleated skirt for this table - something fun - need to find some good fabric! (For anyone wondering, I have potting soil in that white bucket)
And of course, no potting shed would be complete without...pots...
Tools...

Baskets for harvest...

Bulbs to plant in the fall for blooms in the springtime...(I am

And some festive planting lights as well as a radio/cd player that you cannot see here
(Turn on some potting music maestro!)
Now that I have my potting shed all clean and organized, I can't wait to start shopping for fun little garden decor items! ;)
XO,
Jennifer
XO,
Jennifer
"You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt."
~Author Unknown
~Author Unknown

very cute Jen! You've got a great start! Here's an idea..I've seen potting benches or tables with an old tin or enamelware basin sunken in it. You would just make a cut-out and drop it in. Sort of like a sink.I would love to transform my shed into a potting shed, but it is our only storage for all the lawn tools, gas cans, bags of fertilizer and kids bikes and big outside toys.
ReplyDeleteDude - looks like you got some great POT..s ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you get more of a high out of your gardening then any silly old drug could give ya! Looks uber presh - keep you the great work darling! XO
Thanks girls! XO Kel, I'm going to see if I can actually get water hook up in the shed and then use a stand alone deep sink or whatever you call it that we got a few months ago. It would probably be more hassle than what it's worth but I'll see. It'd be nice to wash my hands etc outside and not have to drag my grubby self back into my kitchen and get it all messed up. Sometimes I come back inside looking like I took a mud bath. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a great Job. It is looking sooooo cute.
ReplyDelete