chomping at the bit to
contemplating buying our house, the one thing that I had really wanted but the house did not offer was a fireplace. It did not deter us from putting in our offer but it was something that I was kinda sad about in the back of my mind. For me, a fireplace really makes a home. Ironically, we had one when we owned our home in North Carolina but had to use it only a few times due to the very mild weather. Life is funny but I digress. My mother-in-law, bless her heart, loves me very much and she also shares my love of fireplaces so she decided to buy my family one as an early Christmas present. :) The one that she bought is electric but the flame does look real-ish and the heat it puts off is definitely going to decrease our oil bill this year (a feature my husband, the bill payer, is particularly fond of).
I will post pictures at some point of our actual fireplace as it sits in our living room but for now...
Isn't it purty? I love it! It has cozied our living room right up and makes TV watching, reading a good book, playing games and entertaining so much more pleasurable. This is not to say that it is in any way superior to an actual roaring wood burning fireplace, however, until we can install one of those, this is working out for us quite nicely...plus, there is no mess to clean up and no firewood to collect. Just a push of a button and...ahhhhhhh...Oooooh...and the BEST part is...I have someplace to hang our Christmas stockings this year!
Thank you, Mom and Pop Fanucci! We love you and we love our new fireplace! You have warmed our hearts in more ways than one! :)
Happy Holidays,
Jennifer

It is purty! We love our fireplace! It indeed adds a lot of coziness to the home, even when not in use. In fact there is a roaring fire in it right now. As much as I love the smell of burning wood and that wood crackling sound....it is a mess, so I hope to convert it to gas some day. Enjoy your cozy house this winter. Can't wait to see it in your room!
ReplyDelete