Okay.
Lemme start by telling you that I've been inspired by my spring decorating post and have been itching to go SHOPPING! If you are saying to yourself, "What else is new?", shut up. :)
I spoke with my sister, Julie, last week and we decided to do a little day trip this week and head up to Lancaster County. Specifically The Flower & Craft Warehouse in Blue Ball, PA. Well, we started there and proceeded to visit a couple of other fun shopping spots. We also stopped for lunch and then ended up in St. Peter's Village to see the site's and take some pictures. We fancy ourselves photographers. ;)
Stop #1 The Flower and Craft Warehouse (Visit the link if you're interested!)
I'll just cut to the chase and show you what I got...I've got the brain block and all. By the way, I tried to keep the inspiration pieces from Pottery Barn close in mind...always a good idea for someone like me who is very much an impulse buyer. (I had to put back several items that I picked up on a whim - it helps to shop with my super practical sister ;))
Birdcage (nest was separate and the picture is shown below)


Box of eggs to use in my homemade nests

I am going to make my nests using this

And what's the point of having a nest without a bird?

For the love of all things hydrangea...

As you can see, I scored some pretty cute items that fit within the realm of the look I am going for.
So, that was stop #1.
Stop #2 was a little less productive. Carson's in the Cornfields (Visit the link if you're interested!)
Here, I only picked up these 3 cute little eggs.
Stop #3. The Blue Snickel. They do not have a website, sorry!
This store is very VERY primitive and therefore, not my style at all. I think it's cute though. :) The only thing I got here was some potpourri.
I love stores with cute little handmade shopping bags. I don't like the winter theme since I am currently anti-winter but nevertheless:
Adore.

As I said before, we went to lunch and then ended up in St. Peter's Village for a little sightseeing. It's so pretty there...despite the snow and ice...and bare branches...





I especially loved this message...as if we couldn't tell already by the beauty and sweetness of a day well spent and God's amazing creation...

:)
So, that was our wonderful day spent shopping in breathtakingly gorgeous Lancaster County. If you've never been there...GO. I suggest a day trip sometime in your near future. You may get caught in "traffic" behind a horse and buggy but it'll be worth it. I derive simple pleasure from the little things when I am there. Things like numerous pairs of black pants hanging on a single clothesline. If my computer wasn't being so annoyingly slow, I'd share more. I'd love to post some scenic pics of the countryside. It's precious.
If you have any questions about the decor items or shop info, let me know in the comments below. I'd be happy to answer them! I planned on being more detailed with this post but it's already taken me a couple of hours since the computer has been taking forever to upload anything. Sorry to those who were expecting more!
I'll leave you with this...Mommy and daughter princess mani's!

What a perfect way to end a perfect day.
XO,
J
If you have any questions about the decor items or shop info, let me know in the comments below. I'd be happy to answer them! I planned on being more detailed with this post but it's already taken me a couple of hours since the computer has been taking forever to upload anything. Sorry to those who were expecting more!
I'll leave you with this...Mommy and daughter princess mani's!

XO,
J

(((Sigh))) you're my hero:)
ReplyDeleteHey Jen.. I love your purchases from today.. so cute and springy.. would like directions or location of that craft store.. Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteRobyn - I'll message you on FB with the info. It's very easy to get to. Close to Shady Maple too! :)
ReplyDeleteJen...we so need to go shopping together sometime! Kelly and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Lancaster area! I don't know how it is that we have never been to this Carson's in the Cornfields! We shall be visiting there sometime in the near future I'm sure! Between this post and your one about Target, I soooo need to get out of this house and purchase a few new pretties for decorating! Some therapy is much needed right now!!! I'm so over this cold weather and ready for Spring!
ReplyDeleteSherry - I know what you mean...I am soooo ready for the 60 degree weather promised for next Thursday! Yay! :) Let's definitely plan on a girl's shopping day in Lancaster this spring. Would love it! :) Thanks for the comment!
ReplyDeleteK, can I just tell you how presh you are? You're Presh, there I said it! J'adore you...J' can't get enough of you - thinkin' about bein you for Halloween, seriously.
ReplyDelete